Are you looking for an affordable and reliable managed hosting provider? Cloudways might be the perfect fit for you, but what if it’s not the right provider for you? In this post, we’ll explore some of Cloudways’ Alternatives & Competitors. We’ll also discuss why these alternatives might be a better fit for your needs.
Cloudways is a cloud hosting platform that offers solutions for mobile apps, websites, eCommerce stores and databases. Cloudways is run by Cloudways Limited headquartered in Europe.
The company provides expertise on Magento hosting, WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, Laravel hosting etc.
What is Cloudways
Cloudways is a cloud hosting platform that allows automation for your web applications through the control panel. These controls allow you to set up databases, add new application add-ons, manage crons and do much more from a single dashboard.
Cloudways offers Virtual private servers (VPS), popularly known as dedicated servers in some circles, on cloud infrastructures of three providers: DigitalOcean, Linode and Vultr.
At Cloudways, you can host any of your favorite applications which run on PHP or Node.js stack. They have a set of pre-installed application add-ons that allow you to enjoy an enriched development experience from your small business website to your large scale enterprise application.
What Does Cloudways offers its customers:
1: Hourly Backup
2: CloudwaysBot for Customer Helpdesk
3: Flexible Scalability
4: Multiple Cloud Providers
5: Multiple Datacenter Locations
6: High Network Uptime
7: Instant Provisioning of Resources
8: No Hidden Charges for using a resource
9: Live Chat Support (24×7)
10: Phone Support (24×7)
11: Free Migrations (for Magento, WordPress and Joomla websites)
12: Free SSL for all customers
13: 1-Click Application Cloning
14: CloudwaysBot – Bot Messenger for Instant Help from Cloudways Team
15: Integrated Tools at a Glance (SSH, SFTP, Database Management & One-click Apps Installation)
Pricing of Cloudways
The cloudways pricing model consists of 3 parts:
Charges for Cloud servers based on their configuration and use. Charged in addition with the above two parts. Charges for bandwidth and data transfer.
Cloudways provides you a Platform in the cloud, where you can build your server Instances (virtual servers) and install any flavor of the operating system that supports your needs. The Operating System installation is provided by Cloudways on all their plans except for the Managed WordPress Plan.
The Cloud Servers are charged in the following two components:
The setup charges is for initial server build (including OS & Server Configuration). The hourly usage is for using the Cloud Server.
For example, if you wanted to set up a single cloud server with cPanel/WHM and LAMP stack, it would cost you $14/mo (setup charges) and $7/mo (hourly usage).
After setting up your Cloud Server, you will have access to SSH terminal via Putty or MobaXterm. You can use any FTP client to manage your files on the server.
Drawbacks of Cloudways Pricing Model:
The setup charges depends upon the OS and Server configuration, so there is no way you can save money here. The hourly usage time has a complex calculation for Multi-Server plans (you will see this when you select one). You may notice that even a single cloud server costs the same as a four-server plan. On top of that, there are additional charges for bandwidth and data transfer.
In short, if you have a low traffic website or blog, then Cloudways can be an expensive choice.
Cloudways Alternatives & Competitors:
Siteground is the most sacred web hosting service that can allow you to build and deploy web applications. Siteground works like storage on a web server of websites where all files of your websites are allocated.
SiteGround is a web hosting company that provides web hosting services for websites. It offers many complete features, including the tools of control panels such as CPanel, to provide reliable infrastructure for advanced users. SiteGround offers simple shared hosting, cloud hosting solutions, and dedicated server management with easy-to-use tools.
Founded in 2004, SiteGround started as a web design studio. Over the years it has grown into one of the most advanced hosting companies on the market with servers located in Chicago, London and Amsterdam. Its services are available worldwide. It provides solutions for any type of website – from personal blogs to large community portals with millions of users.
to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim]:
3) Free Cloudflare CDN [Auto setup] – SiteGround is the only web hosting company that offers free cloudflare integration on all shared plans. That means your sites will automatically enjoy all the performance and security benefits of cloudflare without additional costs.
4) Instant activation
5) Free migrations from other hosts [to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim]
6) Email accounts
7) Daily backups
8 ) SSL certificates [wildcard & SAN certs included free on all plans]
9) Free-forever domains, premium renewals
10) Collaborative development tools such as Git and SVN hosting, staging sites and one-click application installs for WordPress etc.
Pricing Plans of Siteground :
SiteGround offers three types of pricing plans. They are shared, cloud hosting and dedicated server management. The prices depend on the service plan that you choose. Each plan has specific features that cater to different user profiles. The shared hosting plan starts at $3.95 per month for a basic package and goes up to $15.95 per month for a premium package.
The cloud hosting plans start at $9.95 per month and go up to $109.95 per month [to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim]
The dedicated server management plan has no entry-level price and starts at $149.95 per month
Pros & Cons of Siteground
- Siteground offers very good uptime and reliability on their servers. They provide 99.9% up time on shared hosting servers. This makes your website accessible to users all the time, which results in an increase of traffic and sales.
- Siteground offers many tools for server management like WP Optimizer, automated daily backups etc. These tools help site owners to manage their servers easily and effectively, resulting in effective website optimization.
- Siteground offers high security on all their shared servers, and ensures that your website will be safe from hackers.
- Siteground provides excellent customer service to its users who can contact the company employees anytime they need help with any web hosting related issues.
- Siteground is expensive. If you are looking for a cheap web hosting service, then siteground is not for you.
- Siteground is not flexible when it comes to server management, because of which you will only be provided with the tools that are necessary for your web hosting needs
ServerPilot is the most sacred web hosting service that can allow you to build and deploy web applications. Siteground works like storage on a web server of websites where all files of your websites are allocated.
ServerPilot is a service intended to remove the trouble and stress of managing and deploying server for your web applications. It is a free service which can help you to deploy apps on the predefined servers.
You just have to create an account with this service, select one of its many application hosting servers, provide some necessary information about your app as well as the location where you want to host it and ServerPilot does the rest for you.
It will check your app on a regular basis, if any of its components go down it will take care of it and restart the necessary services quickly.
ServerPilot is a service intended to remove the trouble and stress of managing and deploying server for your web applications. It is a free service which can help you to deploy apps on the predefined servers.
You just have to create an account with this service, select one of its many application hosting servers, provide some necessary information about your app as well as the local host IP address (127.0.0.1:port will work fine) and let ServerPilot do all the dirty work for you.
Features of ServerPilot
So now that we know what it can do, let’s see what it actually offers: Managed Servers – Here, you can choose from 20+ different servers like Amazon, DigitalOcean, Linode, etc. There are many predefined servers as well as regions for you to choose from. It also offers a wide range of multiple CPU architectures and even different versions for each CPU architecture.
ServerPilot works like storage on a web server of websites where all files of your websites are allocated and can be accessed by anyone online, including hackers and spies who use the information against the website and its shared shared hosting users.
One kind of malware is spyware that gets installed without the knowledge of the web hosting user; this is often used by someone who wants to control another’s personal computer remotely (for example, parents controlling their child’s computer), or gain financial advantage (e.g., using a retailer’s affiliate program to direct customers to the site of a rival).
ServerPilot takes care of everything for you, from installing and running apps to scaling up/down servers whenever necessary. It also has a team feature that allows you to add other users on your account so that they can help you maintain your website or app.
The services offered by ServerPilot are flexible enough for all kinds of developers. In addition, it provides customized plans which depend on the needs and requirements of individuals and their organizations.
Pricing of ServerPilot
As far as pricing is concerned, ServerPilot gives you the option to choose the required plan according to your needs. If required, you can also opt for custom plans which take care of all kinds of requests and suggestions by you.
I personally use the Personal plan, but if I had more information about my hosting requirements, I would have chosen a Business Plan since it has much better features than any other plans. It offers free 7-day trial periods for its users so that they can see if it actually provides them with any value or not before purchasing one of its many plans available.
Pros & Cons of ServerPilot
- Auto Deployment: The very first thing that I noticed is that ServerPilot will help you to get your server up and running in just a few seconds. You can signup, login into the dashboard and select the hosting service of choice (Digital Ocean, Linode etc.). After this all you need to do is provide the server name, username, password and that’s it. ServerPilot will do the rest for you. It will connect with your hosting service of choice and in just a few seconds your app would be running on the server.
- Secure Server: ServerPilot believes in providing secure services to its users so they have thought about security during the design of ServerPilot. You won’t need to go through a long list of configurations to make your server secure as it is done automatically by ServerPilot.
- One-click Deployment: One thing that got me addicted to this service is the one-click deployment option which will take your app from Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab and several others. All you need to do is connect the service of your choice with your server and select one-click deployment option from ServerPilot’s dashboard.
- Simple and Clean UI: The most important thing that I like about this service is its simple and clean UI which gives you a better understand of how things work. I don’t like it when an application looks complicated and tough to understand. So, I definitely appreciate this one.
- No Hassles: One thing that bothered me the most is how many configurations are required just to get your server up and running. With ServerPilot you can forget about all those hassles as everything is done automatically. You don’t need to do anything on your own.
- Slow Support: Although their support team is really good but at times the response from their end is not quick enough which makes you feel a bit irritated and annoyed.
- No Control: One thing I really don’t like about ServerPilot is you don’t have any control over your server. All you need to provide is the app name and the rest of the process will be done by ServerPilot for you which sometimes become a bit irritating.
Wp Engine platform offers features and services that go beyond just organizing or hosting. More than five hundred thousand digital experiences are currently powered with an amazing and outstanding WP engine.
Wp Engine Key Features
WP Engine is a platform that offers features and services beyond just organizing or hosting. It provides products, built from the ground up, to help your website succeed. When you purchase a premium plan from WP Engine, you gain access to incredible tools that enable you to take control of your site’s performance and security. In addition, it has 24/7 customer support, so you can always get in touch with a representative when you need to.
WP Engine is a premium WordPress hosting solution that offers business class infrastructure, security and speed. The platform also includes CDN (Content Delivery Network), which ensures your website content is stored around the world – closer to your visitors. WP Engine uses PHP7 and HHVM, which is faster than the previous version of PHP.
WP Engine Pricing
WP Engine has a variety of plans to choose from. You can begin with its Essential plan that costs $29 per month for up to 5 WordPress sites and includes features such as: access to staging servers, multisite configuration and more.
There’s also a Professional plan that costs $99 per month for up to 10 WordPress sites. The Professional plan provides access to WP Engine’s custom built caching technology, as well as full scale ecommerce services. Additionally, it offers an Enterprise plan which is available upon request.
- Also Read : Cloudways Review
4. WPX Hosting
WPX hosting works on the platforms and servers of the great and famous WordPress which ensures that this platform is trustworthy and it will give you a very fast speed in performance levels.
Features of WPX Hosting
We used the WPXHosting with various WordPress themes like Avada and Themeforest to check if the speed gets affected or not. Fortunately, the results were examplary:
Here are the aftereffects of our WPX Hosting speed tests utilizing Pingdom:
- Budget shared host stack time: 3.60 seconds
- WPX Hosting load time: 1.97 seconds (45% speedier).
If you have a wordpress site, you may think about whether it is worth making the switch to a faster web. You can use modules and devices that will help you do this. But the process isn’t always clear.
Luckily, WPX Hosting offers a free site migration benefit. The migration takes about 24 hours. They will move your whole WordPress site from your old web hosting company to WPX Hosting. Your email also moves.
Daily Website Backups
WPX will come to take care of your site regularly. For extra assurance, the reinforcement records are put away on another server for 14 days. There is no expense for reinforcement recovery if something happens to go wrong.
You can likewise utilize your own reinforcement arrangement including modules like BackupBuddy or BackWPup and store the records yourself.
Uncluttered Hosting management dashboard
The WPX Hosting dashboard is where you can see what you have done and what is in your account. You can find out if any help tickets are open, check the status of support tickets, and check your plate space and data transfer limit.
24/7/365 customer support
WPX Hosting offers live content that works all day, every day. If you have a question or problem, they can help you right away. There is also a helpful online information base to answer your questions and help you with any problems.
The WPX hosting client panel is fairly easy to use. You can see your records of items and services, find out about the status of the help tickets that you open, and manage emails and websites.
You can also filter how much data transfer capacity or card slots you need.
Other Features of WPX Hosting
WPX hosting is having some main unique features which no other hosting platform gives you in one package. They are:
- Managed service (Their job is to upgrade your server when required)
- Unlimited email accounts (This feature will help you create many users on your domain name)
- Unlimited Bandwidth (Your site traffic never stops here, they will provide more than enough bandwidth for your site)
- Unlimited disk space (They have a very big file size limit of 100GBs so you can create any type of website you want)
- cPanel control panel(This is a very good feature which enables you to manage your entire hosting account easily from one location).
- Free access to Softaculous App installer (In the help section they will give you access to over 300 softwares which covers almost all needed functions on your webpage)
- No hidden charges or maintenance fee. (We never need this but some people do not believe in it , sometimes because of different reasons they just hide many extra charges under another name )
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee (This is a very good feature for hosting platforms, never stop your server even for a minute is the main rule which they follow here, this will give you a fast speed in performance levels )
Pricing of WPX Hosting
You can easily get WPX hosting with only $3.88 per month and this is really a very cheap rate when it comes to hosting any website or webpage on the internet. They use their own in-house servers which provides you much better speed in your site because they don’t involve any third party to do their job .
WPX hosting serves you with Linux and Windows platform at the same time so that you can choose whatever you feel like comfortable for yourself . You will also get free cPanel control panel access when you order for wpx webhosting service, by doing this it will give you very easy access to add files and folders into your site .
There are no hidden charges at all in WPX Hosting, once u enter your site and make changes in the settings or any kind of updates like this, you will get full access to do whatever is required by you.
Pros & Cons
- 99.99% uptime performance
- 24/7/365 Customer support
- Malware clean up
- Uncluttered and easy to use dashboard
- High-speed servers and performance.
- Built to handle traffic without sacrificing page load times
- Fast and effective support
- Amazing pricing in comparison to competitors
- Supports emails (unlike some WordPress hosts)
- Easy to use interface (all the important stuff is 1 click away)
- Can support other content management systems (not just WordPress)
- Enterprise level DDoS protection
- WPXHosting site lacks information that a user might need but the service is exemplary.
Vultr is a Cloud hosting platform (one of many) as part of the Cloud market. Headquartered in New York,
Vultr is owned and run by John Ohashi & Nicolas Saenz de Urturiuz.
The company was founded back in 2014
and now, they support and serve more than 100,000 clients worldwide. They have a dedicated server in South Korea as well. (also known as bare metal servers). Vultr is one of very few hosting companies who have a datacenter in South Korea region.
Vultr offers a wide range of Linux and Windows Virtual Private Servers (VPS) with different configurations and prices. Furthermore, the company is in the process of developing new products and services for its users.
Like any other cloud hosting platform, Vultr allows you to use your own custom images or provide image repositories where you can pick the operating system you need.
Vultr Key Features
Shared Core Architecture (Multi-tenant Hosting)
This is one of the features that sets Vultr apart from other similar services because shared core means they use hypervisor technology which allows them to share the hardware resource between different customers. As a result, each customer receives dedicated resources at their disposal.
Vultr’s datacenters are broadly based across the United States and Europe. However, users can choose where they want to locate their servers within these regions because Vultr uses real-time load balancing to assign the nearest location for best performance.
Vultr also offers high-performance SSD storage, free daily backups, data snapshots and a 99.99% Uptime SLA guarantee.
Vultr VPSs are built on the OpenStack platform. This is a very common platform used for Cloud services and works with both Linux and Windows operating systems. They have data centres in over 30 locations, including the USA, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Australia.
One of the biggest positives of choosing Vultr for your Cloud hosting is that it allows you to use enterprise technology without the cost associated with an enterprise platform. The full performance and power of such a cloud infrastructure cannot be found anywhere else on the market at such a competitive price.
As well as using their own customised OpenStack cloud platform, they have partnered with a number of different companies to create their own unique experience, including:
– KEMP : This is a load balancer that allows them to distribute servers across data centres, functions as a load balancer and aids with SSL certificates. It also manages the failover process in the event of an outage at any location.
– Ubuntu : Vultr utilise the Ubuntu technology as a standard for their Cloud hosting platform.
– CTO Packages: Packages created by Cloud professionals to both showcase and simplify the process of setting up a cloud vps, allowing you to deploy within minutes.
Vultr offer three different plans for customers to get their hands on. These are $2.50, $5 and $10 per month, with the option of getting a promotional rate for the first two months if you sign up for an annual plan.
Vultr also offer ‘burstable’ plans, which means they can handle more than one CPU core within each vps instance.
Pros & Cons
Another major advantage of Vultr is that you can start with a plan as low as 1 CPU core and 512MB of memory for $2.50/month. This is beyond cheap for hosting and you can upgrade your plan anytime to get more CPU power or memory without switching plans.
DigitalOcean’s $5 micro instance only offers 512MB of RAM while their $10 standard instance starts with 1GB which makes it harder to move between plans if you require more than 1 core, 2GB of RAM and 25GB SSD.
On the other hand, you can’t upgrade your plan by putting more than one instance running on the same IP address which means you’re limited to 1 CPU core if you want to run 1 virtual server on Vultr’s cheapest plan. The cheapest plans from DigitalOcean offers 2 CPU cores while Linode has plans starting with 1 CPU core.
Vultr has the best speed/price ratio among personal hosting providers because you can get up to 8CPU cores, 16GB RAM and 384GB SSD disk space for $160/month which is much cheaper than what you’d pay for similar specs at DigitalOcean or Linode.
The Vultr control panel seems simple compared to other hosting panels but it has all the basic settings I need including IPv4, IPv6 addresses. You can also select which data center you want your server to be located in when you deploy an instance.
On the other hand, DigitalOcean’s dashboard contains advanced features like load balancing and SSH keys are automatically generated when you deploy an instance. I don’t really need these features at the moment but I’d like to see Vultr add them in future updates.
Security is another major advantage of Vultr because all servers are protected by enterprise-class firewalls with strict security rules that filter out bad traffic before it reaches your virtual server. Furthermore, you can enable 2-step verification for your account and set custom firewall rules for each server.
Be Aware of Vultr’s Disclaimer: they do not promise a performance level for their services, which means that you can never hold them liable or ask for a refund based on poor hosting performance.
Vultr is very cheap but it does not have any benefits over most other cloud providers. The only advantage is the cost and availability of IPv6 and free DDoS protection.
If you want the cheapest and most powerful hosting, use DigitalOcean (or any other competitor), but do not mix it up with Vultr.
Conclusion: Cloudways Alternatives & Competitors In 2022
Cloudways is a great platform, but it may not be the best for everyone. In this article, we’ve outlined some of the top Cloudways alternatives that may work better for your business. We hope you find this information helpful as you make your decision about which hosting provider to choose. Have you tried any of these platforms? Let us know in the comments below.