Most people know about Helen Keller’s story – how she became blind and deaf at a very young age,
and how she persevered to become one of the most influential people in the world.
But what many people don’t know is that Helen Keller was an incredible thinker and philosopher.
Her quotes are insightful, inspiring, and just plain wise. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of Helen Keller’s best quotes about life, love, happiness, and more. Enjoy!
Helen Keller Quotes 2022
1. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
2. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
3. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart” ― Helen Keller
4. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller
5. “Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there’s a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.” ― Helen Keller
6. “One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.” ― Helen Keller
7. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” ― Helen Keller
8. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” ― Helen Keller
9. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ― Helen Keller
10. “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” ― Helen Keller
11. “Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.” ― Helen Keller
12. “The most pathetic person in the world is some one who has sight but no vision.” ― Helen Keller
13. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, For all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” ― Helen Keller
14. “The highest result of education is tolerance” ― Helen Keller
15. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” ― Helen Keller
16. “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” ― Helen Keller
17. “Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all — the apathy of human beings.” ― Helen Keller
18. “What I’m looking for is not out there, it is in me.” ― Helen Keller
19. “People don’t like to think, if one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.” ― Helen Keller
20. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” ― Helen Keller
21. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world” ― Helen Keller
22. “Literature is my Utopia” ― Helen Keller
23. “Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content” ― Helen Keller
24. “Happiness does not come from without, it comes from within” ― Helen Keller
25. “Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.” ― Helen Keller
26. “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” ― Helen Keller
27. “Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.” ― Helen Keller
28. “Relationships are like Rome — difficult to start out, incredible during the prosperity of the ‘golden age’, and unbearable during the fall. Then, a new kingdom will come along and the whole process will repeat itself until you come across a kingdom like Egypt… that thrives, and continues to flourish. This kingdom will become your best friend, your soul mate, and your love.” ― Helen Keller
29. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement ” ― Helen Keller
30. “When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” ― Helen Keller
31. Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. – Helen Keller
32. Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost. – Helen Keller
33. It has been said that life has treated me harshly; and sometimes I have complained in my heart because many pleasures of human experience have been withheld from me… if much has been denied me, much, very much, has been given me… – Helen Keller
34. I believe that God is in me as the sun is in the color and fragrance of a flower – the Light in my darkness, the Voice in my silence. – Helen Keller
35. People don’t like to think, if one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant. – Helen Keller
37. To keep on trying in spite of disappointment and failure is the only way to keep young and brave. Failures become victories if they make us wise-hearted. – Helen Keller
38. More than at any other time, when I hold a beloved book in my hand my limitations fall from me, my spirit is free. – Helen Keller
39. Every child has a right to be well-born, well-nurtured and well-taught, and only the freedom of woman can guarantee him this right. – Helen Keller
40. I am not a perfect being. . . . I have more faults than I know what to do with. I have a naughty temper. I am stubborn, impatient of hindrances and of stupidity. I have not in the truest sense a Christian spirit. I am naturally a fighter. I am lazy. I put off till tomorrow what I might better do today. I do not feel that I have been compensated for the two senses I lack. I have worked hard for all the senses I have got, and always I beg for more.
42. Many of us delude ourselves with the thought that if we could stand in the lot of our more fortunate neighbor, we could live better, happier and more useful lives. . . . It is my experience that unless we can succeed in our present position, we could not succeed in any other. – Helen Keller
43. What do I consider a teacher should be? One who breathes life into knowledge so that it takes new form in progress and civilization. – Helen Keller
44. Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same. – Helen Keller
45. To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. – Helen Keller
46. I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers. – Helen Keller
- John C. Maxwell Quotes For Motivation
- Megan Fox Quotes Beauty Queen
- Inspirational Steve Harvey Quotes You Must Read
Conclusion: Helen Keller Quotes 2022
Helen Keller was an incredible woman with a lot of wisdom to share.
We’ve looked at some of her most famous quotes and how they can be applied to business and life in general.
What is your favorite Helen Keller quote? How will you apply it to your life or business? Let us know in the comments!