If you’re looking for an easy way to migrate your website from Siteground to Cloudways, look no further! You are at the right place. Moving your website from one host to another can be daunting. But with Cloudways, it’s easy! In just a few clicks, you can migrate your website.
Follow the steps given below and Migrate From Siteground To Cloudways
Migrating to Cloudways
Getting started with Cloudways is really easy. I am going to walk you through deploying your first server as Cloudways and migrating your WordPress site with the free Cloudways migration plugin.
Step 1 – Signup
Sign up for a free trial account.
Step 2 – Deploying your first server
After you have signed up we can immediately start with deploying our first server.
At the top WordPress is already selected. Don’t worry about the outdated WordPress version, it will be updated when deployed.
Next, choose between Digital Ocean or Vultr (HF), select your server size and location for your server.
When you are done, click Launch Now (make sure you verified your email address first)
Step 3 – Optimizing the server
After we have deployed the server we need to change a few settings, enable Redis and update PHP and MariaDB to the latest versions.
Open the server page and click on Settings & Packages
- Set the Memory limit to 256MB
- Set your PHP Timezone
- Click Save
Next click on Packages
- Update PHP to 7.4.
- Update MySQL as well, you get a warning that it will update in steps, that is fine.
- Install Redis (caching system that will make your site a lot faster)
Step 4 – Securing your server
I like to keep my server and networks secure. So for our server, only you need to be able to access it over SSH or SFTP. Look up your IP address at myip.com and select block all IP addresses except yours under the Security tab.
To the same for MySQL.
Step 5 – Migrate your site to Cloudways
So our server is fully updated and optimized for speed. Now we can migrate our WordPress site to Cloudways.
Open your WordPress admin panel and install the Cloudways WordPress Migrator plugin
When we open the plugin we need to enter a couple of details. I gave them a number so I can easily show you were to them. Cloudways made coping the details really easy, simply click on a value to copy it.
- Use the same email address as your Cloudways account
In Cloudways under Application> Access Details, you will find the numbers 2, 3 and 4
Under Server > Master Credentials you will find the username and password for the SFTP connection
Click on Migrate and wait until it’s finished. If the migrations fails, simply contact support and they will help you with it.
Step 6 – Point Domain and setup SSL
After the migration is completed you can point your domain to your Cloudways server. Next step is to set the correct domain for in your Application and install the free SSL Certificate
Open Applications > Domain Management and enter your domain.
Next click on SSL Certificate
- Select Let’s Encrypt
- Enter your email address and domain name
- Click on Install Certificate
With regards to overseeing WordPress facilitating, then, at that point, I should say Cloudways gives the best administrations with novel elements, and reasonable evaluating plans to its clients.
You might confront a few intricacies while setting up a site, you might confront issues while working together with a few web applications proficiently, or you might confront adaptability issues, then, at that point, Cloudways is an across the board answer for every one of your concerns.
Trust me, I likewise didn’t accept prior that Cloudways give these astounding advantages, however when I begin utilizing it. I accept. You never get these very stunning advantages at this less expensive rate than Cloudways offer.
You can undoubtedly join with Cloudways and the local area of Cloudways will forever assist you with addressing your constant questions. This coordination of highlights thus compensates for an appealing and client productive site for the guests.
What I accept is, Cloudways convey the best client administrations or you can say, it conveys what clients need. They offer 3 days free preliminary to get to know every one of the advantages and remarkable elements.
Cloudways is an astounding cloud facilitating stage where business people, organizations can assemble, create, convey, and furthermore ready to deal with their web applications.
We should start with how Siteground functions and what highlights Siteground offers.
It is one of the web facilitating organizations and as of now it has in excess of 2,00,000 spaces everywhere. Siteground was established in 2004. Its base camp are situated in Bulgaria. It is presently working in 6 nations including the Netherlands, UK, Germany, Australia, Singapore, and the United States.
Assuming you own a business, web facilitating is a need. Without web facilitating, it isn’t anything. It’s at this point not a discretionary extravagance. Siteground is bound to be shared facilitating and its stacking time is 629 ms and with 30 days unconditional promise.
The most hallowed web facilitating administration can permit you to assemble and send web applications. Siteground works like stockpiling on a web server of sites where all documents of your sites are assigned.
All things considered, let me tell you at whatever point you look for the best web facilitating administration, Siteground is constantly positioned on no.1. Siteground has the best first class client administrations. It has teamed up with many organizations like SingleHop, cPanel, Printful, and some more.
Siteground offers distinctive facilitating and evaluating plans which might fluctuate for various scopes of sites. Enormous eCommerce sites, private company adventure sites, individual sites, online course sites all can utilize Siteground.
Siteground is a renowned name in present day business web facilitating that gives full-administration web facilitating arrangements.
Indeed, there is a piece of uplifting news for you! Siteground offers a free SSL testament in all valuing plans.
- Economical Pricing Plans
- Alternative to Traditional Web Hosting
- Deliver Fast Performance
- Customized features
- Client Support Service
- Speed Performance
- Email Hosting
- Dedicated Servers with customization
Cloudways Pricing Plans
- Cost $10 per month.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 24/7 expert support.
- Storage is around 25 GB.
- You can install unlimited applications.
- Free SSL certificates and free migration.
- Automated Backups.
- Processor – 1 Core
- Auto Healing
- Regular Security Patching
- Cost $22 per month.
- SSH and SFTP access
- Feature of Team management.
- 24/7 support within 365 days.
- Free SSL certificate in this plan.
- Staging environment with automated backup
- Free Migration
- You can install unlimited apps.
- 2 GB RAM and 1 Core Processor.
- Do you know you will get 50 GB storage with 2 TB Bandwidth?
- Updated and regular security patching is offered to all users.
- Cost $42 per month.
- Most Popular Pricing plans are offered by Cloudways.
- 4 GB RAM and 2 Core Processors.
- 80 GB Storage and 4 TB Bandwidth.
- Free SSL and Free Migration.
- Dedicated Firewalls.
- Automated Backups.
- Optimized with Advanced Caches.
- SSH and SFTP Access.
- CDN Add-on.
- 24/7 Customer help desk.
- It costs $80 per month with 8 GB RAM, which is an amazing benefit. You know when you have high GB RAM, your sites never hang.
- One more super amazing benefit- 160 GB storage and 4 Core Processor, with 5 TB Bandwidth. I think no other web hosting server can offer this much bandwidth in any of their plans.
- Dedicated Firewalls with super amazing customer desk which is available 24/7 hours in all 365 days.
- All plans include Free SSL Certificate and Free Migration.
- I have installed numerous applications in this plan, as it offers a high GB Ram and High storage.
Siteground Pricing Plan
You can get three pricing plans under Siteground pricing plans. All the plans have different charges as expected and of course different features.
- Startup Plan– It costs $3.95 per month, with 10 GB of web space. This price is limited only to 1 year, and later on, it increases up to $11.95 per month. It is a major drawback of Siteground which has different prices for different duration users. It includes features of 10,000 visits per month.
- GrowBig Plan- It costs $5.95 per month with a 20 GB webspace, which is an amazing benefit to all Siteground users. It includes a feature of 25000 visits per month, and it is the most popular pricing plan. It increases to $19.95 per month later on.
- GoGeek Plan– It is the most expensive pricing plan for Siteground. It costs $11.95 per month and later on after 1 year it increases to $34.95 per month. It is not an economic plan for small business ventures or beginners. It gives an unlimited website hosting with 30 GB of web space and 1,00,000 visits monthly. This plan also includes WordPress customized features.
All the plans of Siteground have a 30 days money-back guarantee feature.
Conclusion – How Do I Migrate From Siteground To Cloudways
Siteground is a great hosting company for webmasters who want to have an easy-to-use interface with few bells and whistles.
Cloudways offers you the benefits of high availability, seamless scalability, blazing fast speeds, and fully managed resources that are robust enough to meet any demand.
Migrating your website to Cloudways is easy. Get started with this simple step-by-step guide on how to migrate from Siteground, and be up and running in minutes!