If you’re a business owner or marketer, then you know that WordPress is a popular content management system (CMS). It’s used by millions of people and businesses around the world for everything from small blogs to large e-commerce stores.
But what many people don’t know is that there are two different types of WordPress hosting: WordPress hosting and Scalable WordPress hosting.
In this blog post, we’ll compare the two and help you decide which type of hosting is best for your business.
WordPress Hosting Vs Scalable WordPress Hosting 2022
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting specifically designed for WordPress websites. It includes features and tools that are optimized for WordPress, making it easier to manage your website and get the most out of your hosting plan.
WordPress hosting plans often include things like one-click WordPress installation, managed updates, security features, and more.
This can make it a great option if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for your WordPress website. However, it’s important to note that not all WordPress hosting plans are created equal.
Be sure to do your research to find a plan that’s right for you and your website.
What is Scalable WordPress Hosting?
Scalable WordPress hosting is a type of hosting that can handle the increasing traffic and demands of a growing WordPress website.
It is important to choose a scalable hosting option when first starting out with WordPress, as your site will likely experience periods of high traffic as it grows.
A good scalable hosting option will be able to handle sudden spikes in traffic without crashing or slowing down your site.
Additionally, a scalable WordPress hosting option will provide you with the tools and resources you need to scale your website as it grows.
This includes things like unlimited storage and bandwidth, as well as access to powerful hosting features like caching and performance optimization.
The Different Types of WordPress Hosting Available:
There are a variety of different types of WordPress hosting available, each with its own set of features and benefits. Here’s a look at some of the most popular options:
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is the most basic type of WordPress hosting. As the name suggests, your site will be sharing a server with other sites. This is a great option for small businesses or personal blogs that don’t have a lot of traffic.
- VPS Hosting: VPS, or Virtual Private Server, hosting is a step up from shared hosting. With VPS hosting, your site will be on its own server, but you’ll still be sharing resources with other sites. This is a good option for medium-sized businesses or high-traffic blogs.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Managed WordPress hosting is a type of WordPress hosting that includes all of the features of WordPress hosting, plus additional management and support. This is a good option for businesses or high-traffic sites that need extra help managing their WordPress site.
What makes WordPress so Scalable?
There are a number of reasons why WordPress is so scalable. One reason is that it is built on top of the MySQL database, which is known for its scalability.
Additionally, WordPress uses a caching system to speed up page load times, which can be crucial when handling large amounts of traffic.
Finally, WordPress is designed to be modular, meaning that plugins and themes can be added or removed as needed, which helps to keep the site running smoothly even as traffic levels fluctuate.
Benefits of WordPress Hosting
There are many benefits of WordPress hosting, but some of the most popular ones include:
- WordPress hosting provides a platform that is specifically designed for WordPress websites. This means that your website will be optimised for performance, security and scalability.
- You will have access to expert WordPress support from your hosting provider, so you can rest assured knowing that help is on hand if you need it.
- It is often more affordable than traditional web hosting, so it can be a great option for small businesses and start-ups.
- They are easy to set up and manage, even for beginners. With a WordPress hosting package, you will have everything you need to get started with your website quickly and easily.
- They are highly scalable, so you can easily add new features and functionality as your website grows. This makes WordPress an ideal platform for businesses that are looking to expand their online presence.
- WordPress websites are SEO friendly, so you can ensure that your website is visible in search engines and attract more visitors.
Considerations when scaling up WordPress:
As your WordPress site grows, you might find yourself needing to scale up your hosting to accommodate increased traffic. Here are a few things to keep in mind when making the switch to a more powerful hosting solution:
- Make sure your new host can handle the traffic you’re expecting. If you’re not sure, ask them for some traffic estimates and make sure their servers can handle it.
- WordPress itself is not a resource-intensive platform, but some plugins can be. If you’re using any heavy plugins, make sure your new host can handle them as well.
- Moving to a new host can be disruptive, so plan ahead and schedule some downtime for your site while you make the switch.
- Backup your site before you make any changes, just to be safe.
- Once you’ve switched to your new host, keep an eye on your site’s performance and monitor your server logs for any issues.
Things to Look for in a Quality WordPress Hosting:
WordPress is a great content management system, but in order for it to run smoothly, you need a quality WordPress host. There are a few things you should look for when choosing a WordPress host, including:
- Speed: Your WordPress site should load quickly. Choose a host that offers fast servers and makes sure your site is optimized for speed.
- Security: A quality WordPress host will offer security features to keep your site safe from hackers. Look for a host that offers malware scanning and removal, as well as firewalls and other security measures.
- Support: When something goes wrong with your site, you want to be able to get help from your WordPress host. Choose a host that offers 24/7 support so you can always get the help you need.
- Scalability: As your site grows, you’ll need a WordPress host that can scale with you. Look for a host that offers unlimited storage and bandwidth, as well as the ability to add more domains and users as needed.
- Pricing: Make sure you choose a WordPress host that fits your budget. There are many quality hosts out there, so you should be able to find one that offers the features you need at a price you can afford.
Conclusion WordPress Hosting Vs Scalable WordPress Hosting 2022
So, which one is the best for your business? WordPress hosting or Scalable WordPress hosting?
Both WordPress hosting and scalable WordPress hosting have their own unique benefits that can be advantageous for certain businesses.
However, it is important to consider the specific needs of a business before deciding which type of hosting to choose. By taking into account factors such as traffic, storage needs, and budget, businesses can determine which option is best suited for them.