Around the world, people are listening to podcasts. In fact, according to recent statistics, there are around 525 million podcast listeners worldwide.
That number is only going to continue to grow in the years to come. If you’re not yet taking advantage of this popular content format, now is the time to start.
Here’s a look at some impressive podcast statistics that will motivate you to get started.
20 Podcast Statistics In 2022
- Podcasts have become increasingly popular in recent years, with 55% of Americans reporting that they listen to podcasts on a regular basis. This trend is driven in part by the growing availability of podcasts, with over 1.5 million active podcasts currently in circulation.
- Podcasts are also becoming more convenient to listen to, with 49% of podcast listens happening at home as opposed to 22% in the car. This convenience is likely to continue to drive podcast growth in the future.
- In terms of demographics, podcast listeners are fairly evenly split between men and women, with 51% of US podcast listeners being men. This is inline with the overall population split. Podcasts have become a popular way to consume content and this trend is likely to continue in the future.
- A recent study by Edison Research found that smartphones are the primary medium through which podcast content is consumed. This is not surprising given the fact that smartphones are now ubiquitous and offer a convenient way to listen to audio content on the go. What is surprising, however, is the growth in the number of people who are speeding up the playback speed of podcasts.
- 26% of podcast listeners aged 12+ reported doing this in 2019, up from 19% the previous year. This suggests that people are becoming more comfortable with consuming large amounts of audio content at high speeds. Given the increasing popularity of podcasts, it is likely that this trend will continue in the years to come.
- Podcasts are now one of the most popular audio sources, accounting for 28% of total time consumers spend listening to audio. This is due to the fact that podcasts are highly engaging and easy to consume. listeners can listen to them while doing other tasks, such as commuting or working out. Furthermore, the vast majority of podcast listeners (80%) listen through most or all of podcast episodes. This indicates that podcasts have a high retention rate and are able to keep listeners engaged for long periods of time.
- Additionally, 94% of people who listen to podcasts are active on every social media channel compared to 81% of the entire population. This shows that podcasts have a strong potential for increasing brand awareness and reach.
- Since their inception, podcasts have been growing in popularity and now boast an audience of over 104 million listeners each month. That number is only expected to grow, as weekly podcast listeners average 6 episodes per week, and 50% of all homes in the U.S. are fans of at least one podcast. For marketers, this presents a unique opportunity to reach a large and engaged audience.
- Indeed, in 2019, 17% of marketers anticipate adding podcasting to their content marketing strategy. Podcasts offer a great way to connect with potential customers, and with such a large and growing audience, they should be a key part of any marketing strategy.
- A new study released by Edison Research shows that podcasting is continuing to grow in popularity in the United States. 78% of Americans are now familiar with podcasting, an increase of 4.72% from 2020. This means that approximately 222 million people are now familiar with the medium.
- Of those, 57% have actually listened to a podcast, up from 55% last year. This indicates that podcasting is becoming more mainstream, as more people are being exposed to it and finding value in it. With such growth, it’s likely that even more people will be tuning in to their favorite shows in the years to come.
- According to a recent study, the number of Americans who listen to podcasts has grown 29.5% over the past three years. This growth is even more pronounced among monthly podcast listeners, who are up 61.5% since 2018.
- The study also found that 41% of Americans now listen to podcasts on a monthly basis, with 57% having listened to at least one podcast in the past year.
- This represents a significant increase from 44% in 2018. With more and more people tuning in to podcasts, it’s clear that this medium is here to stay.
- The percentage of Americans who listen to podcasts monthly has seen significant growth in recent years, especially among older adults. In 2020, 49% of Americans ages 12-34 reported listening to at least one podcast per month. This figure has since increased to 56%.
- Among adults aged 55 and over, the percentage of monthly podcast listeners has grown from 9% in 2020 to 25% in 2021. This growth can be attributed to a number of factors, including the increasing availability of podcasts and the growing popularity of smart speakers and other devices that make it easy to listen to podcasts. With more people than ever tuning in, it’s clear that podcasting is here to stay.
- According to a recent study, nearly three out of four podcast consumers in the United States say they enjoy tuning in to podcasts to learn new things. This is not surprising, as podcasts offer a unique opportunity for listeners to gain new perspectives and knowledge on a wide range of topics. What is surprising, however, is that despite the clear demand for educational content, only a fraction of podcasts currently focus on this genre. This presents a significant opportunity for podcasters who are looking to address this need.
- Although podcasts have been around for more than a decade, they have only recently exploded in popularity. According to Edison Research, nearly one-third of Americans now listen to podcasts at least once a month. This is a significant increase from just 26 percent the previous year, and more than double the number of people from just five years ago in 2015. With such a large and rapidly growing audience, it’s no wonder that podcasts are becoming an increasingly popular way for businesses to reach their target customers. Whether you’re looking to promote your brand or sell a product, there’s a podcast out there that can help you achieve your goals. As the popularity of podcasts continues to grow, so too will the opportunities for businesses to reach their target audiences.
- The podcast is quickly becoming one of the most popular forms for audio entertainment. According to Edison Research, 2019 episode data shows that nine out every ten listeners in America now listen on their commute or at home (including workouts).
- Listening to a podcast is an engaging way for people who podcasts. listeners are more likely than not focused on what they’re listening to, with only 7 out 10 doing anything else when taking in these shows! Of those that do switch up their activity while editing or producing them 59 percent multitask by driving 49%, cooking 52% baking 50%.
Conclusion- Podcast Statistics 2022
Podcasting is on the rise, and there are a number of reasons why. As we’ve seen, podcast statistics demonstrate that this medium is growing in popularity with both consumers and businesses alike.
If you’re not already incorporating podcasts into your marketing strategy, now is the time to start. Our team can help you get started by developing a podcast strategy that meets your unique needs and helps you reach your target audience.
Have you tried using podcasts as part of your digital marketing? What has been your experience so far? Let us know in the comments below!
Content source- https://www.oberlo.in/ & https://backlinko.com/